Easy Vegan Falafel Burger. Chickpea patties with 5 minute Tahini dressing, tomatoes, onions, pickles make for a filling and flavorful burger. Vegan Soy-free Recipe. Can be made gluten-free Makes 8 to 9 patties
- Form the falafel into patties, you should get 6 large or 8 small patties.
- Then put the patties on a large sheet pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Then spray the tops of the patties with a little more non-stick spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake another 15 minutes.
- While the falafel bakes, make the date ketchup and feta if using.
- Place the dates in a medium sized heat proof bowl.
- Heat about 2 cups of water in a medium sized sauce pan. Bring to a bowl. Then turn off the heat and pour the water over the dates. Let the dates sit in the hot water for about 10 minutes to soften.
- Drain the dates, then add them to a food processor with the remaining date ketchup ingredients and pulse until smooth. It may take a few minutes. Set aside.
- Now in a small mixing bowl, add the feta, dill and salt. Smash with a fork until everything comes together. Set aside.
- When the falafel is done., make the burgers. Take a burger bun, add some feta to the bottom bun. Place the burger on top of that. Top with date ketchup, red onion, lettuce and more feta.
- Serve immediately. The burgers reheat well!
6 Medjool Dates, with pits removed
1 Cup Crushed tomatoes, canned
2 Tablespoons White vinegar
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Onion powder
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Pinch of Black pepper
Dill Smashed Feta
1/2 Cup Vegan feta, I used Violife
1 Tablespoon Fresh dill, chopped
Pinch of Salt
For The Burgers
6 Vegan burger buns
Lettuce and red onion